Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby Shower Pics & 32 Week Survey

My mom and two sisters in law threw me a baby shower this weekend! It was a travel themed shower, inspired by Baby C's nursery. There was quite a big turnout, and tons of wonderful gifts for The Punisher. Thank you to everyone who attended and made this day so special!
Aunt Jaime was in charge of the games. In this one everyone had to write down a place that they thought Baby C should visit one day:
Aunt Jaime and Cousin E taking time to fill one out. Can you tell his Daddy dressed him that morning?
The measure the belly game! I don't think I want to know the actual measurements.
Oops, a little too big Cousin H!
Aunt Noelle bought a frame for everyone to sign. This was really special since I did the same thing for her shower 2.5 years ago and she still has hers hanging in her bedroom. Can't wait to take some maternity photos to put inside!
Opening up the loot! I got a kick out of these socks. They look like sneakers, complete with tiny laces! Later that day I opened up the golf shoe version that included argyle socks!
Game day attire! I loved having these girls at my shower! H and K were special helpers and bought me presents to unwrap and refill people's punch.
The boys on the other hand weren't too into the whole shower thing, so they did their own boy thing.
Cousin H being goofy!
Still opening the loot...
Gift that Grandpa will appreciate:
Cozy blanket my Aunt Mary made for the baby:
Cute jean jacket! My cousin Carla also sent an outfit that totally reminds me of Keenan when he goes to work: Blue pinstriped button down shirt with navy pants. Can't wait to get a pick of the two of them together. How old does a kid have to be for Take Your Child to Work Day?
Back at my parents house with the loot:
Just the clothes:

When Keenan was little, he had a favorite teddy bear named Wishes that he took everywhere. His sister was able to remember the make and model, and I purchased a new one online.
I put a picture of young K with his bear in with the gift, and now he has a Wishes to pass on to his son!
It was a really fun weekend, even though I needed a whole day to recover! We ended up getting most of the gifts into our sedan, but a few had to remain behind until Uncle Marshall and Rachael can bring them up in a few weeks!
Thanks again everyone!

How far along: 32 weeks
Maternity Clothes: Even some of these are starting not to fit.
Stretch Marks: Yes, but not on my belly. Now they are working they way onto my hips as well. Grrrr.
Sleep: It's really hard to get comfortable these days.
Best Moment this Week: Saturday's baby shower!
Movement: Most of the time he just rolls around, but lately he'll kick my right side really really hard!
Food Cravings: Pancakes. That seems to be the most recurring craving.
Gender: Definite boy!!!
Labor Signs: Nothing this week
Belly Button: What belly button?
What I Miss: Being able to get into my sport utility. Might be time to change cars with K for the next few weeks.
What I'm Looking Forward to this Week: Birth classes start tomorrow night. Kind of excited but I have a feeling I will start panicking.
Weekly Wisdom: Never describe a pregnant woman as being heavy =)

2 comments:

  1. Aww, great pics! By the way, 'C' has to be 10 for go to work day. Oh, and now that I have new info, I'm guessing Clark, Christian, Carston and Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice guesses, but my favorite is still Cullen ;)

    ReplyDelete