Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling Very Pregnant These Days

There were a few weeks that I seemed to have an abundance of energy. I'm having a feeling those days are pretty much gone now. It takes me a whole day just to recover from a few hours of running errands.
On top of the exhaustion returning, I'm feeling rather large now too. I can't imagine how much bigger I will be getting in the next few weeks. Yesterday I went to a Starbucks drive thru to grab a decaf pumpkin spice latte (oh how I LOVE fall!), and the ladies at the window could tell that I was pregnant even though I was sitting in my car. There is not hiding the bump these days!
A few weeks ago a Comcast guy came to install our landline and asked me when I was due. I'm soooo obviously pregnant, my belly totally hangs out but it's really the only place I've gained weight, and I thought it would be absolutely hilarious to just answer "Due for what?" Can you imagine the look of panic/surprise? I really should do that one of these days.
The other day at Target a little boy, who must have been 3 years old, looks at me and announces really loud to his mom "She's got a baby in her tummy" The mom turned quickly around with a mortified look, saw me, then relaxed and started laughing. I thought it was pretty funny too. Like I said, it's completely obvious that I'm pregnant now.
My other news is that birth classes start tonight. Definitely predicting more "I'm so not ready for this" moments! Hopefully there will at least be one guy there that will be pure entertainment by asking the stupid questions. Maybe that will distract me from the fact that I have to push this predicted-to-be-8.5-9.5lb baby out of my body.
In other news, the Gymboree baby sale begins today!!! I'm totally planning on going before I have to meet Keenan at his work. Maybe a little retail therapy will help calm the nerves?

32 Weeks, 1 Day

1 comment:

  1. Omygosh, that is sooo funny. You should definitely trick someone that way!

    ReplyDelete