Monday, September 14, 2009

Too Much Excitement!

After an exciting weekend, I'm pretty ready for things to be a bit more boring around here! Uncle Marshall and his girlfriend came for a visit, and Rachael was able to go with me to my doctor appointment on Friday. Things were looking good, but the doctor started laughing when trying to find the baby's heart rate because he was moving all over and kicking her doppler. When she did find it, it was 180, so she hooked me up to the monitor for 20 minutes just to make sure it was above normal due to movement (which it was, considering when he got a little sleepy and slowed down, his heart rate went back down to 150). So he looked good, but the monitor also picked up some contractions I was having. Nothing serious enough to send me into labor, but I was told to rest up and drink plenty of fluids.
Well, as fun as this weekend was, it wasn't what I would call restful. Saturday was full of maternity pictures (thanks Rachael for coming up and doing them for us! Sorry I was so indecisive!). We did some studio shots, then headed into Tacoma for a more urban vibe. Then came home to complete the maternity photos.
On Sunday, we headed to Golden Gardens Park in Seattle for a morning maternity shoot, then made our way to the Seahawks game. We ended up having to walk about 2 miles to the stadium, then up (and up and up) an entirely too long ramp to get to our seats. A few minutes into the game I felt one of the bigger contractions. I've been having them off and on, but nothing regular, and the doctor told me if I had 6 in one hour, to go to labor and delivery. Well, a few minutes later I had another one. Then another one. Luckily I only counted 7 during the whole game time (around 3 hours), so nothing quite serious enough for me to go to the hospital, but definitely more than what I had been having. The car ride home took forever, since this kid decided to kick my right side the entire way! Once home though, I put my legs up and have been resting ever since. I still am getting a few contractions (especially when I stand), but they don't seem as often.
We are thinking this kid is going to come early. Keenan's thinking October 4rth is going to be the day, but I'm hoping to bake him until at least 37 weeks. Which freaks me out when I think that's only 3 weeks away. But as much as this kid moves around, I really think he's feeling squished and is trying to find any exit he can!
Here's hoping for at least another 3-4 weeks!

33 Weeks, 6 Days

1 comment: