Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nursery Progress

Slowly but surely this nursery is coming along! Thought I would post the progress of the room so far:
Please excuse my short and fat Eiffel Tower. I assure you the This is Paris book got the portions more accurate. I thought about repainting it, but then I figured it's quirky so I left it. Plus if the Punisher wants to know more about it I'm sure K and I are going to encourage him to go visit in person! It's not one of those famous landmarks that disappoints, and is one of my favorite places to visit!The book version:
My attempt at the Pantheon in Rome. I made a few adjustments to this painting as well, fewer cars and dark gray skies. Why the dark skies? When K insisted we visit this site on our honeymoon he ignored my warnings about a coming storm. We got lost trying to find the Pantheon and ended up caught in a torrential downpour. Now, growing up in Oregon, I'm used to rain, but I'm pretty sure this was a monsoon! We ducked into a local coffee shop (where I learned for the first time that when you order a latte overseas you don't get nice creamy espresso, you get plain steamed milk). After an hour of waiting, the rain still had not let up, so we bought a cheap umbrella from the street guys who come out of cracks with umbrellas to sell, cozied up together under this tiny umbrella and finished our adventure to the Pantheon.
This is Rome (the book):
The view from the closet:
Our glider!
From the room entrance:
The crib I adore! I am thinking of buying a few hanging paper lanterns to hang above the crib instead of a mobile (what do you think?):

Like I said, it's definitely a work in progress but it's coming together quite nicely.

31 Weeks, 1 Day

No comments:

Post a Comment