Friday, August 7, 2009

My First Big Breakdown

I've been kind of sad the past few days. It all started when I got out of a nice warm bath and noticed my first stretch marks...(warning, this blog is about the become PG-13) on my ass! I now have an ugly ass =(
The next day I went to the doctor and received even more bad news. I should preface this by saying Baby A is fine, has a strong heartbeat of 150 and is measuring right on track. What was not so fine was I gained another 6 lbs in the last 4 weeks (bringing my total up to 14 lbs), the doctor told me I barely passed my gestational diabetes test last time so I have to really limit my refined sugars, and I had to get another Rhogam shot in my now ugly ass.
The weight thing was kind of a shocker. I was trying to keep track by my home scale, and according to that I had only gained 3-4 lbs. And I was not thrilled when the nurse (not the normal one I usually see who I love, this new one didn't even try to make small talk!), called me in for my weight check after I had just drank a ton of water (my doctor was called in for an emergency c-section, so I waited it out by going to Starbucks). I really wish the nurse would have let me pee first.
The borderline GD thing was a bummer to hear, especially since I thought that since I passed the test that I was fine. I would definitely have a doctor though who takes precautions and tells me to limit the sugars just in case rather than one who might not say anything since I technically passed the test. I totally wasn't prepared to hear that though.
I was really in a funk last night, trying to process all this information. And to be honest, I'm still a little overwhelmed. I mean, when I found out I was slightly anemic, they told me to drink a glass of juice with Vitamin C in it to help absorb the iron pill, yet yesterday I was being told to limit my juice intake. And trying to figure out what I can drink besides water and milk makes me crazy. On the positive side, at least I might not gain as much unnecessary weight by limiting my cookie intake. And I'll do whatever I can to make sure this little guy remains healthy.

28 weeks, 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment