Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Say Hello to My Little Friend"


I'm in LOVE!!! With my new air conditioner! I've been trying really hard to beat the heat, but last night I couldn't take it (I was sitting on the couch and broke a sweat just by editing photos!). By the time Keenan got home, I was in tears because I couldn't get comfortable. My husband (who is amazing in case you didn't know!), decided that was the night to invest in a portable a/c!!! We set it up in our guest bedroom for now, and let me tell you, it's been true bliss! Luckily this room has cable and has been turned into my craft room... I may never leave (except of course, for bathroom and snack breaks!) Thanks Keenan, I may take a break from forcing you to read the Daddy Pregnancy book, you've been truly supportive (especially in this heat!)
Okay, now let's take a sneak peak into the nursery...
Here are a few of the inspirational pieces; my first completed painting from the This is... children series of books, and our Paddington Bear that we bought home from Harrods just for this occasion.

This is my first attempt at painting since high school, and I think I've done a pretty good job.
Okay, so I left out a few of the people, but you still have to give me some credit! One down, four or five more to go!
This is the changing table top that I'm working on. It's almost finished, just have to work on the washable pad.
The dresser that I scored a great deal on! Regular $429, I paid $225! Don't mind the mess! I promise it will be clean by the time The Punisher arrives!
The crib (totally loving it!):
And last, but not least, I leave you with a few current belly shots (sorry for the hair, but I'm not about to use the blow dryer in this heat!):



25 weeks, 4 days

2 comments:

  1. I'm stepping out of the comfort of my lurking self to tell you how absolutely fantastic your paintings are. I was going to send you a comment asking where you got them because I simply love them and was so amazed (and to be honest a little saddened) to read you painted them yourself. :)Great job!! Hubs and I picked up a Paddington at Paddington Station and that This Is London book at a hole in the wall book shoppe in Fulham last time we were in London. You have great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much =) Unfortunately I just have one of 5 or 6 finished! I'll be lucky to finish them before the baby arrives. I also have This is Paris, New York, Rome, Venice and want to get the San Fran book (all places we have visited) and the goal is to do a painting from each book =)

    ReplyDelete