Monday, July 27, 2009

"Edward Cullen Didn't Sleep Here"

I'm pretty sure the title of this post caught several Twilight fans! And while I must confess to reading each book in less than a week, I did not intend my last mini vacation to be so vampire filled! Infact, I left the travel arrangements up to my husband (who has never read any of the books) and I'm pretty sure he chose to stay at Forks, WA because of the proximity to the beach and rain forest rather than that tiny town being home of the Cullens. However, there was no escaping the Twilight posters in every restaurant, the three stores in one block dedicated to selling Twilight paraphernalia, and of course, the references to Twilight on all hotel billboards. Our hotel billboard read "Edward Cullen didn't sleep here," which one might cheer because it could imply that the hotel was the only one not caught up in the latest craze. But then, this person would not be a Twilight fan, because if you are, then you would know that Edward Cullen never sleeps because he's a vampire.
Keenan and I had a pretty good time avoiding the whole Twilight scene in lieu of Olympic National Park with Hurricane Ridge and Hoh Rain Forest:
One of the views on the way to Hurricane Ridge

Baby A and me enjoying the Rain Forest!

The Punisher on his first nature hike.

I'm thinking he'll take after Dad and want to play in caves.

While every other place in Washington was sunny (including the Rain Forest), the beach at La Push was not.

Normally I would be complaining about being a little cold, but it was such a nice break!

Gorgeous day at the beach!

Okay, okay, I couldn't go all the way to Forks without taking one Twilight related picture, could I?

Totally determined to have a campfire on the beach. Keenan asked me where I learned how to make a fire, and I was all bragging about camping while growing up and watching my Dad do it thousands of times...

Too bad Dad wasn't here to light another one!

After many, many attempts, we finally managed to make a fire. It may be tiny, but it's ours.

And I was able to roast a perfect marshmallow for a smore! I call that a success!

Visitng Port Townsend on our way home. Gorgeous little city!

One last confession... a little part of me wishes I had been bitten by a vampire in Forks, because then atleast my skin would be cold to the touch and I would have amazing relief from this heat!

26 Weeks, 6 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment