Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm taking this as a sign...

Last Friday I was wearing my favorite pair of jeans, and everything was going well until "Pop!". The button that fastens the jeans together popped off when I sat down!!! I swear I'm not that big yet, however I'm thinking that's my sign that I should be looking into maternity clothes soon.
Luckily, that wasn't the only thing that happened on Friday. I had the BEST first appointment ever! Normally at first appointments, you are given a pap smear and blood work done, however I just had a yearly exam last January and they already took my blood when I had the spotting issues, so no need to get poked or prodded! And we got to see the baby again! Normally my doctor doesn't do ultrasounds every visit, but since the machine was in the room already she said she was going to spoil me =) And I'm so glad that she did! The baby grew sooo much these past few weeks, and he/she was jumping around and waving! It's a little surreal to think there's a tiny human in my abdomen jumping around right now, but absolutely amazing nonetheless! And the heartbeat was a steady 140, so everything is looking great!
My next appointment is May 15th, and hopefully we'll schedule the big ultrasound soon after that! Votes are pretty 50/50 at the moment as to whether it's a boy or girl, so it will just make the pink and blue party we are planning to have that much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment