Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Doomed!

When your pregnant and can't sleep very well at night, people say it's your bodies way of preparing for sleepless nights as a new parent. If the past nights have been any indication, my baby will sleep for 30 minute increments only and be up for atleast an hour in between. Which means, I'm in trouble!
Tomorrow's my first official appointment with my doctor, which is really great since those feelings of "is there really a baby in there?" have come back. I'm hoping we'll hear the heartbeat for the first time, but it might be too early still. While I'm looking forward this next visit, there are two things I'm not so anxious for: peeing in a tiny cup and stepping on "the liar" (<--- what the nurse has aptly named the scale at the office).
The other day I realized that at over 10 weeks, I'm a quarter of the way through this pregnancy. While that fact is extremely exciting, I can't help but hear the clock ticking away on the time left for me to plan things; the nursery, registering, etc. And being almost eleven weeks pregnant, there are a few things I'm really starting to miss: feta cheese, hot baths (and oh, man have I missed those!), and staying up until 11pm. Infact, right now I'm really trying to stay awake for Hell's Kitchen!
Just a few more weeks until the second trimester (which people say you get your energy back...we'll see)!

No comments:

Post a Comment