Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done!

Okay baby, we're at 38 weeks today, and it's totally okay with Daddy and I if you come out now. In fact, since you're predicted to be a little on the big side (to which I can totally agree with do to how much space you take up in my uterus already!), it would be absolutely splendid if you decided to join us within the next few days.
Yes, I'm 38 weeks pregnant today and still playing the waiting game. At least I have some pretty cute baby clothes to show for it! Here's all the loot from my most recent Gap and Gymboree purchases:
The tinier stuff (0-3):
The "holiday" looks (3-6 months) - So after I purchased the red and gray striped sweater, I realized that I totally have a red and gray striped sweater myself. I swear I am not purposely trying to coordinate with my son!:
The older sizes:
Last Sunday I went to a baby swap and sell at my friend Ashley's house and scored big time!!! I was able to get all of these treasures for less than $50 (I counted, it's over 40 items!). I do believe it's the first time that my husband has been proud of my shopping! I picked up a bumbo for $5, and my favorite piece of clothing is the Kenneth Cole brown cord jacket and matching brown and white pinstripe button down shirt - Totally something Keenan would wear!:
Now for some recent bump pictures:

Check out that face, doesn't it just scream "I'm so done"?
How far along: 38 weeks
Maternity Clothes: There's an end to the maternity wardrobe in sight...I think...
Stretch Marks: My nurse likes to call them "Nature's Tattoos"...I think God is turning me into a zebra.
Sleep: All that I want to do these days. My mom always told me on long car trips "If you sleep, it goes by quicker" Do you think the same applies to the last few weeks of labor?
Best Moment this Week: My shower on Saturday! It was wonderful to hang out and relax with my girl friends for a few hours! And the food was wonderful as well! And Sunday's swap and sale was pretty fun too!
Movement: Yup! He's getting so big in there that it really does remind everyone of the movie Alien! Last night it even creeped Keenan out to watch the movement! But even though it was creepy, it was like a carwreck and you could not not look. I found him giving me the side eye.
Food Cravings: Sweets. Need I say more?
Gender: Definite boy!!!
Labor Signs: Few bh still. Grandpa B predicted today to be D-day, but it's not looking so likely.
Belly Button: I'll let you know when I happen to have one again.
What I Miss: Being able to work, having things to do that don't leave me exhausted.
What I'm Looking Forward to this Week: Tonight's dinner at Olive Garden with Ashley and Laura, Thursday's doctor appointment. Oh, and having a baby please!
Weekly Wisdom: Strangers: Please keep all pregnancy related comments to yourself (unless you are going to say "You are rocking that pregnancy" or something equally positive) I am this close to my due date, I am hormonal and tired of waiting, and I really, really don't want to hear how you think I will be in labor any day now.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, love that belly (and my little, wait make that 'big' nephew inside. Honestly, it's so weird though, those pics don't even look like you. Not in a bad way (promise) it just doesn't look anything like you. Weird! When you're done with those maternity clothes, pass them along, I've got Megan and my step-sis-in-law who could use whatever your'e not using. Love Mr. Cutie's wardrobe! We're going to have to get a pic of him and Everest in their matching 'leather' coats and skull hats- too cute!

    ReplyDelete