Friday, February 27, 2009

I lied...again =(

This time to my own mother (which I haven't done since I was a teenager! BTW, don't tell the baby, as far as he/she knows, kids NEVER lie =) ). I called her this morning and let her know that we have an extra gift for my Dad for his retirement that he needs to unwrap tonight. She asked me "What is it, can you tell me?" Gee, thanks Mom! If I told her no, then she would have gotten suspicious, so I told her it was something from Things Remembered...
I feel kind of bad about the lie, but I'm sure they will forgive me once they find out they will be grandparents again! The gift we are giving my dad (and really my mom too), is a box filled with Baby Ruth miniature candy bars and a card that reads "There is something even sweeter than miniature candy arriving this October." I'm thinking about filming it to see how long it takes them to put the pieces together!
We also plan on telling Keenan's parents the same way on Monday at lunch. It's going to be a very exciting week, especially since we leave for New Orleans on Tuesday! Which reminds me, I have to go finish packing!

5 weeks.3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment